X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sactodreamer
    replied
    Re: My side project

Well great progress on the 4Runner front. IT'S ALIVE! started it up yesterday and drove it up and down the street a little.

Engine is pretty much finished.

Dash is completely in:

And a little video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNZOskFgQ48

BTW: He was joking in the video...... besides the "open door" light, which we might have figured out the cause of ;D , the only code/light showing is the ABS. I'm sure that will be an easy fix (at least compared to the prior work).

Leave a comment:

• sactodreamer
    replied

I haven't posted updates here but there are some on the yotatech.com forum. The body is mounted to the frame, the 97 floorpan is almost completely in the 91 body, and the HVAC system has been fit with the 97 dash.

Leave a comment:

• Orlando M.
    replied

By the looks of the houses around I though you were in Florida. I live in Florida so it will be to expensive to ship that frame here. Thanks for the reply. Orlando M

Leave a comment:

• sactodreamer
    replied

Sacramento, CA

Leave a comment:

• Orlando M.
    replied

Hey were are you located I might be interested on the old frame. Orlando M.

Leave a comment:

• sactodreamer
    replied

Moving, and done!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sactodreamer
    replied

New updates! The body from the 91 was moved to the 97 frame on Tuesday. The owner of the 4Runner is feeling the pinch of the weather coming since he only has a motorcycle besides this. So we press on. Today we started cutting the body mounts off of the frame. We will cut them off, bolt them to the body, set the body to the right height, and weld the body mounts back onto the frame. After that we will work on moving the firewall and floorpan from the 97 into the 91 body.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sactodreamer
    replied

Originally posted by rundlc
    Hey Ron You look like a chop shop! LOL, LOL, LOL Hey is this your place?? I could sure use that tractor at my place for a week or so!

Project looks cool though, keep it up. I knew you had mad skills
    The first pictures are not my place. I wish I had property like that guy had! Thatís where we picked up the 4runner. Youíre not joking about the chop shop. 

Only update is that we did the timing belt on the engine. THATíS a whole lot easier when the front of the engine is completely exposed! LOL And we started separating the floor pan from the 97 body. I wish I had a plasma cutter for that!

Leave a comment:

• rundlc
    replied

Hey Ron You look like a chop shop! LOL, LOL, LOL Hey is this your place?? I could sure use that tractor at my place for a week or so!

Project looks cool though, keep it up. I knew you had mad skills

Leave a comment:

• sactodreamer
    replied

That would be cool!

Leave a comment:

• RHK
    replied

I've been thinking of building a rat rod - this'd be perfect for it. Just cut up a body, and weld it on.

http://klasikandkustom.files.wordpre...al_rat_rod.jpg
    http://forums.aaca.org/attachments/f...-hot-40153.jpg

Leave a comment:

• sactodreamer
    replied

Well my son decided he didn't want to do the 4X4 Mustang thang so who knows what we will do with the old frame.

Leave a comment:

• Jake_Dragon
    replied

Thats begging to put a Fiero on top of it.

Leave a comment:

• Replica_Happy
    replied

haha sick idea but a big job non the less

Leave a comment:

• sactodreamer
    replied

HAHA! Murci body would be cool!

Well I think this project might carry over into another project of mine. My 11 year old son has a 1966 mustang coupe we are going to restore for when he gets his license. I would really like to upgrade the suspension and brakes to make it more up to date and safer for him to drive. So joking around with him the other day I asked him if he wanted to put his mustang body on the 1991 4runner frame we will have left over after this project is done. Now he wants to make a "Monster Mustang" and do it. We photoshopped a picture to see what it would look like.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X