What race/nationality are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What race/nationality are you?

I had to fill out this form for my carry and conceal permit and I had to pick a race/ethnic background. Now keep in mind that both my parents are from Tunisia a small country off of the most northern tip of the African coast. Also I was born in Paris and immigrated to the US before my first birthday. So what do I pick? Usually I pick "other" but this time there was no such option so I pick African American, makes sense right? Well when I get my card in the mail it says (race: Black) :-\ no problem right? Wrong! the thing is that black is a color not a race and not only that but I'm far from black! People always mistake me for being Hispanic! Anyway it just got me wondering what type of people this particular hobby attracts (not that it makes a difference) I was just curious!

Re: What race/nationality are you?

I always put "American" in the census forms. I'm and American first...where my ancestors came from is secondary to that.

Comment

I have a real hard time with race as I do not see the science in it. The little difference in DNA for skin or hair color is so small. Actually humans are such a new species that a mother and child chimp have more DNA differentiation than all of the humans. I try to not list race when I can.

Comment

Oh, and race an nationality are different things. Nationality is which country you hold citizenship with. It bugs me when people say that their nationality is Hispanic or white when they both are citizens of the USA.

Comment

you shou;ld have picked "Other" if it was avalible an the first place you had to down your name ,put in french ,this would have made you at least european
          In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

It attracts all walks of life I imagine. But most of all it gets the Sunday car builder off the sofa, and into the garage. So grab a beer and bandages and maybe some aspirin and get busy. Lets not forget the Diehard car builders that are out there to. (SINCE WERE NEIGHBORS,LET'S BE FRIENDS) ;D HARD TELLIN, NOT KNOWIN) ??? Oh,, I am Japanese/Jewish-----2 tightest cultures in the world...No wonder my kit is taking forever to build. ;D

Comment

I have to always put Hispanic/other.

Comment

There are more than just Americans on this forum that's why I put nationality... "at least European"? So if an American bulldog was born in france does that make it a French bulldog? Let's face facts, as much as we, especially as americans, hate to admit it race means something it's what make us different and unique that's what's so great about this country! This one time this punk ass kid told my dad to go back where he came from, little did he know that he has been a us citizen for longer than he has been alive so what makes him more American than my dad? It's true that race/color/background/religion shouldn't make a difference but in reality it does. maybe not so obvious and in your face but race does matter! (my opinion)

Comment

@ stiqiue, do you consider "Jewish" a religion or race? Just curious! Because I have a couple friends from Israel that consider their race as Jewish and also some friends who's parents and parents parents were us born and also cosider their race as Jewish? Hope you don't mind my question as it's something that I wanted to ask my friends but don't want to offend them, oh and I hope you don't get offended!

Comment

German

Comment

I am American born, my skin is light, my ancestors are from France, Germany, Britain and American Cherokee Indian.... UUUUHhhhh , HHMMMMM???? i guess i am American... To me race means 2 or more objects moving in the same direction trying to get to the same place faster than the other object...

Comment

when they ask what color/race on a job app; i put n/a since they are an equal opportunity employer( it should be n/a)

when i was in the army/ i was green and just a social security number

when i was a civilian security contractor in the middle east; to most arabs, indians, etc... i was gold (they thought as a white american, i can have any job and could do anything i wanted)

when people like me, im usually white. when people hate me; im usually a cracker/honky lol

being part of a diverse multi-racial family and in an interracial relationship i have learned that stupidity, ignorance, (stereotyping, "profiling", which are essential survival skills) are often mistaken for racism and ,yes; there is a difference. also; that most races of humans have had there share of advantages, disadvantages, struggles, hardships, etc...

determine if one is racist or something else and treat accordingly. i guess ill give one example of what im getting at: if you get in a argument with your wife and you call her a hateful name; would you be labled as a sexist??? no; you would just be a hateful prick; and we can go on with scenarios like this.

anyway; im just running my mouth and thinking out loud; hopefully no one is offended because i embrace and appreciate all races,cultures, etc...

Comment

each, both and neither

it is a religion in that Judaism is a belief system with ritual and practice, and an underlying philosophy aimed at a connection to the divine and an adherence to divine command, but it is a race in that membership in the system (even without belief!) is passed through a genetic connection -- you cannot choose not to be Jewish if you are born in. However, because Judaism recognizes conversion, the religion cannot be purely racial (you cannot convert to another race). Therefore, it is easiest to say that it is a religion with racial/genetic components.

Comment

i encourage healthy debate and anything productive; i dont recommend talking about modern religions, they evolve and change faster than races of people;lol not trying to derail or debunkt anyones religous beliefs(for the record)

Comment

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

EARTHLING

you you you alien you...........

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X