Pray for Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray for Japan

With the devastation in Japan from the recent Earthquake and Tsunami, this part of the world truly need out prayers.

Please pray for all of those families that are either directly affected or indirectly affected by this tragedy that God will help them, protect them and that mankinds love and compassion will be evident in the days, weeks and years ahead to all as they sort through the mess and begin to clean and rebuild.

MURCenary

Re: Pray for Japan

Pray for all of those people killed the world is changing

Comment

This is devestating. I pray and continue to pray for all effected.

Comment

Or donate to a charity that will direct it to those victims. As if they don't have enough problems now they're facing a meltdown at the reactor. I remember all the protests at the diablo canyon facility in Ca. which got built over an active fault zone. At one point they had to do all the pipe supports over because the blueprints were backwards. The only way nuclear facilitys were able to get insurance was that congress put an upper limit on their liability. Hope this doesn't sound political. I would have thought that Japan being in an active zone and being really on top of technology would have been on top of this.

Comment

Two hands working, will do more good, than a thousand hands clasped in prayer. Don't ever forget that

Comment

There is a book that has a verse often quoted that says:

The fervent prayer of a righteous man, avails much.

Mike

Comment

Never seen something like this tragedy. I'll pray for them.

Comment

Originally posted by turmite
                There is a book that has a verse often quoted that says:

The fervent prayer of a righteous man, avails much.

Mike
                Well said Mike.

Here is something you all might be interested in checking out... it tells you what is happening in the world as far as earthquakes, when they happened as recent as now, yesterday, last week, ect. Check out the infamous "Ring of Fire"

http://www.iris.edu/seismon/

MURCenary

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vfo_Y_zpjQ

Comment

Oh man, it just keeps getting worse. Those poor people!

Comment

Now radiation has reached Sacramento and a big piece of Japan might become a dead zone. I just signed a petition against nuclear plants. Anyone else? There are cheaper,safer,quicker options to nukes. The petition I sent to the president recommended that he drop the $36 billion subsidy, remove the artificial cap on liability insurance and let wall street decide if it's worth risking their money without asking tax payers to pony up.

Comment

Dratts, nuclear plants aren't the problem. The problem is we are building nuclear plants on fault lines. Japan is on the ring of fire, the biggest quake zone on the planet. What did they expect, do go without an earthquake forever? Same thing with USA, there are plenty of Reactors on the west coast right on the ring of fire. Remember, japans tolerance is much higher for earthquakes then US', if the same magnitude quake struck the reactors on Americas west coast, it would be nuclear disaster the minute it struck.

They keep building these reactors on the fault lines because all the major cities are there as well. instead of paying more money for longer cables and delivery methods, they cut costs by building them in the worst imaginable places possible. However you are right about there being better ways to produce energy. Its called ITER. Similar to nuclear fusion, however, ITER recreates the conditions of the center of our sun in a chamber, producing enough electricity to power half of US. It uses elements found in water, so fuel is essentially limitless. It is under construction in France, by 2015 it will be fired up, by 2050 it will be used around the world. ITER can not meltdown since it uses no radioactive material and needs a stable environment.

Ohh and the kicker, energy produced by ITER will be 95% cheaper then current energy, which is why the government is so hesitant to use it, no money to be made on it. However, it is inevitable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQE-YIzDpQc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF7xR...eature=related

Comment

Agreed they should not be built where earthquakes and tsunamis can threaten. My other point was why should my government subsidize them and why should they only have limited liability insurance? If they are so great then private Capital should be rushing to build them on there own and covering therm but with full liability coverage. I don't care what they are replaced with as long as it is a clean renewable energy source. Oh yeah, the spent fuel storage issue from nukes hasn't been addressed to my satisfaction yet. I'm open to safe, unsubsidized nuclear energy if it can be done. The last I heard although fusion has been accomplished it has a net energy loss. I believe that fusion research is worthwhile. I have my doubts about fission. They've been at it for a long time. When fission was first proposed they said that it would be so cheap that meters would be unnecessary. Good debate!

Comment

Gen 3/4 Reactors would never have the problems of the 40 year old GE plants destroyed in Japan. Leaps and bounds safer. A 9.0 plus a tsunami are about as upper level extreme any plant would ever face, and for the limitations of these older plants they held up better than I thought. This to me isn't an example of the failure of nuke power, but more a failure of world response to problems encountered. Government always is slow to react, Katrina...Gulf oil spill...Fukushima. The cooling could have been resolved immediately with off shore tanker platforms or ships with portable borated tanks and pumps. Nobody thought of the emergency plan set aside from the self contained systems at the plant. Nuclear power is still the cleanest and safest and our only option for the future to power the worlds growing populations. But, they cannot exist without the most responsible, accountable, and stringent safety measures from the first design plan to how to deal with a contigency of this proportion. Here in the US we have ample land away from fault lines, tsunami's etc...they should build them underground where they can be safe from attack and sealed deep if problems arise. You won't power the world on sun and air and rainbows, or oil in another 200 years. Until that magic energy source appears from outer space, we are very limited on our choices, but not limited on how we use what we have in fissile energy.

Comment

You haven't addressed subsidys and liability limits. Are those necessary for financial feasibility? Waste disposal? Maybe they can be safe. That's what we were told. Didn't they refer to 100 year incidents? How many of those have we had now? We've been told over and over that they're safe. Sun, air, rainbow power? I don't know about air and rainbow power, but solar panels are available right now on ebay for a buck a watt and nano technology is making break throughs that won't take ten years to put in place. Wind energy is going in way faster than a nuke can. I wish that we were manufacturing them here instead of importing them. I'm always interested in other viewpoints!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X