• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boss
    replied
    Re: Disappearing threads?

Originally posted by bangsters
    Thanks for pointing that out Powerhouse. However, some threads (not just the post) still get deleted when they have not violated any of the things you mentioned. Being an admin on other boards myself, I always keep in mind the regulations or etiquette when I start a thread or post anything at all. I do not attack anyone, no caps lock, everything is child friendly, no links to ebay or any scam -- and they still got deleted. In particular when I started a thread about the veyron I saw in yahoo. I posted the link from yahoo, but I did not post any ebay link. Some other replies did, and orlando's reply was in caps. Those being said, I don't argue that their posts get deleted, but why the whole thread? I mean people go off topic at times, but in that thread offtopic posts were minimal and the topic being discussed was really about the kit in yahoo that I posted.

Again, I have no complaints if any thread get deleted, as it is the site owners' or admins' decision. I just wanted some clarification as I'm a bit dumbfounded myself when I thought my thread was abiding by the rules.

Just my .02.
    I wish I had a full answer for you. My information was purely to supply my reasons for the posts the I have looked after. And to hopefully shed light on why We mods take the steps we do. I believe Funnywheels, Myself, and the Admin (and numerous others that have been here regularly over the years) have seen this board grow and some real petty and serious issues develop that have gotten extremely out of hand. One person may not agree with certain issues and 20 may.

I know the Admin/Moderators have the "Health" of the forum in mind when we take the steps we do.

It is time to return to the basics of our passion, and Civility.

Any further Questions, feel free to PM FunnyWheels, Admin or Myself directly.

Leave a comment:

• The Boss
    replied

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    wow...my comment was deleted. It was respectful, not obscene and no reason to be deleted other than it was against the moderator's viewpoint. That's just plain censorship.
    This is getting sad. It's been fun, but I'm outa here. It looks like that unless you're the top dog, the only view you are allowed to see is someone else's differential.

ohh..... here is an ebay link in this thread.

http://www.madmechanics.com/general-.../corson-25/60/

better zap that one too. :
    Sorry to see you go.

Given the sheer volume of traffic and post, we do our best to catch them all.
    Its kind of like fishing, there is plenty but you don't always catch them all.

As I recall your post had ALL CAPS TYPING IN IT so as I stated, I will no longer correct it, but remove it.
    If it was about censorship, This entire topic would be gone.

It seems every few months there is a flare up of issues for something that is provided to the community for free.

Learn the etiquette and be respectful, That's all we ask. Unfortunately, it takes one or two bad apples to ruin it for others. Then a few more whom have nothing to do with the issues to feed the fire. This topic is locked and the information has been provided.

Back to our Cars....

Leave a comment:

• dratts1
    replied

Just an opinion here. I understand that caps is supposed to be like shouting and I don't do it, but believe me caps don't hurt my ears at all and I would prefer that someones info not be deleted because of it. The next option would be to delete all grammar and spelling mistakes, and I'm more interested in the info than someones grammar or spelling.

Leave a comment:

• bangsters
    replied

Thanks for pointing that out Powerhouse. However, some threads (not just the post) still get deleted when they have not violated any of the things you mentioned. Being an admin on other boards myself, I always keep in mind the regulations or etiquette when I start a thread or post anything at all. I do not attack anyone, no caps lock, everything is child friendly, no links to ebay or any scam -- and they still got deleted. In particular when I started a thread about the veyron I saw in yahoo. I posted the link from yahoo, but I did not post any ebay link. Some other replies did, and orlando's reply was in caps. Those being said, I don't argue that their posts get deleted, but why the whole thread? I mean people go off topic at times, but in that thread offtopic posts were minimal and the topic being discussed was really about the kit in yahoo that I posted.

Again, I have no complaints if any thread get deleted, as it is the site owners' or admins' decision. I just wanted some clarification as I'm a bit dumbfounded myself when I thought my thread was abiding by the rules.

Just my .02.

Originally posted by Powerhouse
    Originally posted by FunnyWheels
    We are not going to compete with eBay, craigslist, pyramid sceams, personal attacks, ect.

This is a kitcar site.

So if you want to sell something put it on craigs or eBay, If you want to attack someone send the an email otherwise it will be deleated.\

Dave (FunnyWheels)
    Here is my piece to add,

This site is free to use. It is also a family friendly site. Personally I have 2 Nephews that are amazed how some of us build our cars at home. The Admin owes us nothing, this is not a paid membership driven site. Please respect that.

Common courtesy.

I have fixed Numerous post with ALL CAPS TYPING, it is annoying, rude and inconsiderate. Many claim they do it to emphasise a point. Try using the bold feature. Others won't admit, but it is done to make themselves stand out in the topic listings by starting the thread with ALL CAPS TYPING. I have not the time nor patience to keep modifying the posts to send the warning to the ongoing offenders. so I will remove the posts entirely. It is called forum etiquette.

Next, Swearing, bullying, Off topic discussions and irrelevant posts in a thread, pyramid schemes, 3rd party ads, and yes, sexual cartoons with items, overtones, and indecent connotations I personally have removed. See the above opening comments....
    We are all adults, please show some common courtesy and respect.

My take on 3rd party ads and links.

There have been instances in the past where ebay/craigslist and other 3rd party transactions have gone horribly wrong. And have been facilitated through 3rd party linking here. Mad Mechanics will not endorse, facilitate or allow it, regardless of an honest attempt to help others out. In the pasts these type of posts have lead to posting wars, arguments and name calling. It disrupts the intent of this forum, to share our passion for building these fine cars.

If it is your item to sell, then feel free to make a listing in the Mall, not a link.

I hope that helps clarify.

Your posts may have been a legitimate topic but if it was all caps, gone.
    If you posted a sexual cartoon, it is gone, be thankful you were not banned.
    If you swore, Insulted, bullied, or other childish and abusive posts, I removed them and you may have had a warning or a short term ban to cool off.

Chances are, if you got a permanent ban, you are not able to read this anyway.

Lets get back to being civilized Adults and set an example for the younger generation that is loving what we do and enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• redhammer
    replied

I know I didn't post any links in the thread. Somebody else did post a Craigslist link, if not allowed the post should have been deleted but not the whole thread.

Leave a comment:

• Joe 1320
    replied

wow...my comment was deleted. It was respectful, not obscene and no reason to be deleted other than it was against the moderator's viewpoint. That's just plain censorship.
    This is getting sad. It's been fun, but I'm outa here. It looks like that unless you're the top dog, the only view you are allowed to see is someone else's differential.

ohh..... here is an ebay link in this thread.

http://www.madmechanics.com/general-.../corson-25/60/

better zap that one too. :

Leave a comment:

• The Boss
    replied

Originally posted by FunnyWheels
    We are not going to compete with eBay, craigslist, pyramid sceams, personal attacks, ect.

This is a kitcar site.

So if you want to sell something put it on craigs or eBay, If you want to attack someone send the an email otherwise it will be deleated.\

Dave (FunnyWheels)
    Here is my piece to add,

This site is free to use. It is also a family friendly site. Personally I have 2 Nephews that are amazed how some of us build our cars at home. The Admin owes us nothing, this is not a paid membership driven site. Please respect that.

Common courtesy.

I have fixed Numerous post with ALL CAPS TYPING, it is annoying, rude and inconsiderate. Many claim they do it to emphasise a point. Try using the bold feature. Others won't admit, but it is done to make themselves stand out in the topic listings by starting the thread with ALL CAPS TYPING. I have not the time nor patience to keep modifying the posts to send the warning to the ongoing offenders. so I will remove the posts entirely. It is called forum etiquette.

Next, Swearing, bullying, Off topic discussions and irrelevant posts in a thread, pyramid schemes, 3rd party ads, and yes, sexual cartoons with items, overtones, and indecent connotations I personally have removed. See the above opening comments....
    We are all adults, please show some common courtesy and respect.

My take on 3rd party ads and links.

There have been instances in the past where ebay/craigslist and other 3rd party transactions have gone horribly wrong. And have been facilitated through 3rd party linking here. Mad Mechanics will not endorse, facilitate or allow it, regardless of an honest attempt to help others out. In the pasts these type of posts have lead to posting wars, arguments and name calling. It disrupts the intent of this forum, to share our passion for building these fine cars.

If it is your item to sell, then feel free to make a listing in the Mall, not a link.

I hope that helps clarify.

Your posts may have been a legitimate topic but if it was all caps, gone.
    If you posted a sexual cartoon, it is gone, be thankful you were not banned.
    If you swore, Insulted, bullied, or other childish and abusive posts, I removed them and you may have had a warning or a short term ban to cool off.

Chances are, if you got a permanent ban, you are not able to read this anyway.

Lets get back to being civilized Adults and set an example for the younger generation that is loving what we do and enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• chimaera
    replied

someone id going with fine tooth comb. I had my messages deleted from threads. I guess pple dont like my comments of some help.
    Any way links to items for sale are of benefit to others that maybe looking for items that they do need it in their builds. I dont see competision in any way just helpfull information.

Leave a comment:

• dman1409
    replied

Why cant someone put a ebey link on here?? there is a MALL section?!?!?! I posted a thread about some manuals earlyer.. I dont benefit fron it.. I bought this garage manual and I just thought I'd share it with the members as it might be very useful... whats wrong with that? Pyramid stuff is more then okay to delete... but stuff in order to help eachother is not..

Leave a comment:

• 355koenig turbo
    replied

Iasked a relevant question in the Zonda build and it was deleted too.

Leave a comment:

• dratts1
    replied

[quote=FunnyWheels ]

This is a kitcar site.

Dave (FunnyWheels)
    So post nothing on the mall section? What about the consumers opinion section? What was wrong with red hammers thread?

Leave a comment:

• No Bull
    replied

Cool.. I wanted to make sure I didn't post something inappropriate that caused it to be removed. ;D

Glad to see the site getting back to the basics of the hobby... building cars and sharing car building knowledge.

Thanks,

Chris

Leave a comment:

• FunnyWheels
    replied

This is a kitcar site.

Dave (FunnyWheels)

Leave a comment:

• No Bull
    replied

Here is another one:

Topic removed: Great deal on a diablo $20K

Removed by Funny Wheels

Did I post something bad on this one, everything appeared ok.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• dman1409
    replied

yeah happened to me to... have found some nice F430 garage manuals on a CD... launched a topic on that.. after 2 hours it was gone..

glad they deleted the "im giving away money" thread though.. whaha

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X