So what's everyones "other" hobby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's everyones "other" hobby?

Aside from working on the cars whats everyones other passion? Most people think i'm a die hard car guy but the truth is I have just one other passion that tops that. This is what I'm most famous for besides cars.

This one happened near my house actually

Re: So what's everyones "other" hobby?

My heart is my family and my passion is learning. I want to know as much as possible so I can build stuff.

Cool photos. I am surprised you haven't gotten into the HD cameras mounted to an RC plane for taking pictures of tornadoes yet.

Comment

My other hobby is offshore fishing. I have been a licensed Charter captain for 36 years now. I love fishing in the Wahoo championships in the Bahamas High speed trolling for Wahoo. I also enjoy yellow fin tuna trips and Sailfish and marlin. I sold my 46ft Hatteras sportfish 4 years ago and have been fishing a friends 33ft blackfin.My next big purchase will be for another sportfish in the 46 to 60 ft range.

Comment

I would like to say that I have other hobbies vs building cars.... but I really don't. lol

I grew up working on cars. (literally! I was helping my dad tear down engines at age 7. At age 11, I was rebuilding engines and doing body work with him) I am somewhat new to the replica building community. (when I was a kid my dad and I built a few replicas and kit cars.) Although I grew up on big block Chevy engines I fell in love with imports, (Honda, Nissan, Toyota) which is why I plan to use the MR2 for my Murcy build over the Fiero. A couple of years ago my friend Tom taught me more about Autobody repair, prep, paint and finishing. I plan to use this knowledge in completing my build.

I do plan to take courses either though my local community college or an automotive institute such as uti or AAI(that I graduated from) to learn and perfect the art of welding. 8)

Aside from that, I play Heavy metal music in a band and like to cook and BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by holycow
          My other hobby is offshore fishing. I have been a licensed Charter captain for 36 years now. I love fishing in the Wahoo championships in the Bahamas High speed trolling for Wahoo. I also enjoy yellow fin tuna trips and Sailfish and marlin. I sold my 46ft Hatteras sportfish 4 years ago and have been fishing a friends 33ft blackfin.My next big purchase will be for another sportfish in the 46 to 60 ft range.
          I've found that fishing is very relaxing. This happens to be a big hobby for my wife and mother in law. I would love to go shark fishing or even go fishing for sword fish or Tuna!

Comment

I don't get to do it as much as I used to, but I really enjoy building planes and flying. Had a couple kids a few years ago and as I'm sure as many of you know, major time eaters!

Pics of my current ride.

Matt
            Attached Files

Comment

I work in Forumla 1, so don't have enough time to build my K1 attack, let alone any other hobbies !!!! :-) ;D

Comment

Originally posted by attackbuilder
                I work in Forumla 1, so don't have enough time to build my K1 attack, let alone any other hobbies !!!! :-) ;D
                you actiually work in f1, dude you are my hero.
                since i was 5 ( im 16 now ) its been my dream to reach f1 as a mechanic.
                im working at a kart track for 4 years now as a mechanic, and i just started a car mechanic education. i wanna reach f1 really really bad!

Comment

Hi everyone

Some top jobs and hobbies there.good to see that us car builders are also fanatical about other stuff.

My other hobbies or should I say was lol I raced motocross for 15 years all round country and all differant models and engine sizes.after 9 operations on various body parts Ie broken arm and wrist ( now plated ) 5 knee ops and reconstructions.2 broken collarbones.broken ribs.broken ankle and various cuts and bruises.

Only retired 5 years ago to concentrate on my bodyshop business and still try get to gym and I am looking at doing a sponsored motocross race for the over 35s raise some money for charity,gotta get fit in the next 12 months.

Comment

My Job is my other hobby (I do enjoy it), I am an EMS Helicopter Pilot. I do enjoy flying Helicopters.

Grant

Comment

I have two othrt major hobbies

golf= ive been playing since high school, and lately playing on the amature tour throught the stat of florida

Music= Avid guitar player/collector actually have my friend DAVE HLUBEK from molly hatchet coming over tonite for dinner, im goona play onstage with them this saturday in vero beach

so pretty much im gone everyweekend

Comment

Originally posted by darkprince
                        Originally posted by holycow
                        I've found that fishing is very relaxing. This happens to be a big hobby for my wife and mother in law. I would love to go shark fishing or even go fishing for sword fish or Tuna!
                        I would totally agree. I need to get into fishing a bit more than before.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. K
                          Originally posted by attackbuilder
                          you actiually work in f1, dude you are my hero.
                          since i was 5 ( im 16 now ) its been my dream to reach f1 as a mechanic.
                          im working at a kart track for 4 years now as a mechanic, and i just started a car mechanic education. i wanna reach f1 really really bad!
                          Attackbuilder,
                          Don't let anyone discourage your from doing it! Stay positive and keep your eye on the target. It sound like you're on the right track. Hopefully we'll all see you on t.v. working in the F1 pits.

Comment

Other than my beautiful wife and our 4 kids I really don't have any other hobbies. Like Dark prince I grew up in a garage that my dad owned, I pumped customers gas at 5 and was greasing 18 wheelers by the time I was 6. My Dad never really had the hot rod passions as much as my little brother and I did, mainly because he just flat out didn't feel like tinkering with his own stuff after putting in 12 to 15 hours a day. He did have a 62 Vette, 66 Mustang fastback and a 67 tri-power GTO. My little brother and I have been into anything with motors our entire life. I lost count after a hundred. I currently own 24 vehicles and 5 bikes. Just a hobby not a dealer. I have pretty much ran the gambit of all the muscle cars I have ever wanted and thought I need something different, hence I ended up with my 89 anniversary countach. Next to my General Lee it gets more attention than anything I have ever owned. I would have to say that I will always be into anything with motors but I'm ready to move out of the muscle car era and into the exotics even if it's replicas. I'm currently looking for a Diablo, but haven't had any luck yet! Take care guys, and I must say it's interesting to see what everyone else is into.

Comment

I race and collect 1/4 scale and 1/5 r/c cars. 4 foot long with 7 hp weedeater motors in them. Nascar style, sprintcars, super modifieds and dirt latemodels got them all. Lots of fun just not the most well known of the r/c hobby. If I could post pics I would share a few.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X