No announcement yet.

I know... but it's fun. Reviving a Power Wheels Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mike I can not see the video, he says it private.

Comment

Sorry Beny, it was marked private. It's open to the public now. Sorry. My YouTube skills are a bit low.
      It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Comment

If you were following along with this project and did not know, I have started a new one redoing the F150 power wheels truck. Check it out and follow along. There's been some delays but progress should commence soon.

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/of...olume-2-a.html
        It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Comment

I know its been a while and till now, nothing more was done on the Jeep until just last night.

Seeing as I had bought two sticker packs for the truck I was working on, I had stickers for gauges I would not be using...

It dawned on me last night that these could be used to complete the gauge cluster for the Jeep. Sure, the SVT logo in one of the gauges doesn't fit the jeep, but hey, who's looking that closely anyhow? lol

Here is the cluster all done with imitation blinker stickers to boot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150827_073049.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	382782

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150827_073106.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	382783

I put them on looking at it from one angle and it seems my spacing was a little off. If I can remove the stickers without ripping them, I will realign them... but I fear they are set in place at this point.

Comment

If you haven't seen my latest project, of which I have Dubbed Project RAPTOR, which is a F150 power wheels Harley Davidson Edition that I am converting into what I consider to be the Concept Raptor SVT then please click the following link and follow along.

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/of...olume-2-a.html

More Projects seem to be in the wing as well. So keep a sharp eye out for each new rebuild.

As always, thank you for your interest and any comments or suggestions are welcomed.

Comment

my son would love to have something like that but with his favorite color, green. maybe i should make something like this, but with camo color

Comment

Just saw the 2 threads!...
                Amazing dad & builder.Always proud for the things you do for your children...
                https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011584922711

Comment

Thank you guys for the kind words. This was a fun project and all it really required was patience and a plan of attack.

Not sure the plastidip is going to hold up all that well. but it's ok for what it is for now.

Comment

Well, it's been some time since I visited this thread. But it seems to have come to this. My daughter, now 5, is beginning to out grow her Jeep.

I have slacked on finding a suitable battery for the vehicle so she has had little time to enjoy it.

This summer, I have hope that I will be able to replace the battery, but then, that mean's it's usefulness is going to be short lived.

So I pose this to any who may be interested and to test the waters.

I can post more recent pictures of the Jeep if interested. It still looks really good as it has been lightly used due to the battery issue. Motors still work and I need to figure out perhaps a new shifter as the carbon fiber car shifter knob I am using may be a bit heavy and be prone to dropping the jeep into reverse or a low gear when hitting a bump. Easy fix though.

All that aside, lets pretend for a moment I was selling the jeep. Would any of you be interested in a custom painted and restored Jeep for their daughter?

I would probably ask $80.00 w/battery and charger. That recoups the money I put into it. While that may seem a bit high, consider that this jeep is a one off custom job in perfect working order.

Who know's, my son is beginning to out grow his pickup... so I may sell that too... However, that would be for less as it's not customized. However... should anyone see my other threads and see the custom Raptor/Racing edition truck I did and desire my sons to look the same... I may be persuaded.

I am not trying to make a ton of money off these things I just want to pass them on to parents who have kids that can use them. But I have put money and time into the jeep, so that's the only reason I am not giving it away for free.

Feedback is all I am looking for at the moment, so please, let me know your thoughts.

Take care all.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X