Deterioration of our website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deterioration of our website

What is with all the crap on this site now? It used to be specific for us true custom car buffs, now it is full of junk put in by stupidest. Steve

It’s a shame.
    I think the owners have little interest in it now.

Comment

The spam filters probably require updating, or the site protocols are out of date. The kit car industry is being destroyed by the supercar manufacturers going after replica companies, unfortunately there's loads of reasons this site isn't what it used to be :-(
      Darren

Comment

if the powers at be are no longer willing to maintain the site it perhaps is best to if we setup new that I properly managed and maintained
        http://www.mychimaera.com
        http://www.my240z.info

Comment

Originally posted by chimaera View Post
          if the powers at be are no longer willing to maintain the site it perhaps is best to if we setup new that I properly managed and maintained
          I have made this comment on many different threads, without any replies. I have asked WHO IS THE ADMIN TO THIS SITE???? I get no answer, ever, ever, ever. What we do get on here is many options to cheat on your homework. That is what this site has become, needs to be renamed to MAD SPAM HOMEWORK ADVERTISERS. Or something....

Comment

All;

I have reached out to the owner of the site to see if we can get access into the admin side of things to help manage the site. The owner was a young fellow in university in Toronto when he started this site so many years ago but he has moved into full life and family so doesn't get to the site as much as he used to.

Chimera, let me see of we can get access into the back end of this site first before we move off to a new one. Moving the history over would be brutal.....

Cheers
            Don
            308 Ferrari replica
            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

The forums software is a 2020 version so it must be existing spam accounts that havent been banned or the new member signup is too easy/has fault.
              Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages.:cool: [url]http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts[/url]

Comment

Yes I think so. The signup and posting needs to be updated to make it dirt bag proof....
                308 Ferrari replica
                Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

I apologize - I will try and install new spam filters, the issue is the spammers are getting much more resourceful and as mentioned this forum software is dated so doesn't have the newest spam blocking tools

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                    I apologize - I will try and install new spam filters, the issue is the spammers are getting much more resourceful and as mentioned this forum software is dated so doesn't have the newest spam blocking tools
                    Maybe you should just MONITOR THE SITE! These a######s post repeatedly and NOTHING IS DONE ABOUT IT. You must toss them off immediately & DELETE the crap or you will lose all your legitimate members (if, in fact, any are still left). It is NOT about software. It is about paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                      The issue is new members need to be approved and not blindly allowed access and spamming members need to be removed. Period. This was a great site. Now I hardly visit because of the spammers.

Comment

All;

I have been contact with the site owner and he has agreed to allow a couple of us to take on moderation duties as he just doesn't have time any more. He also went in this weekend to get new anti-spam modules installed as this has become more of an issue. Let's check on how this is going and if you see any updates needed, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Thanks
                        Don
                        308 Ferrari replica
                        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
                          All;
                          ...he has agreed to allow a couple of us to take on moderation duties...
                          This is great news! Thanks for looking into this Don.

Comment

I have gone in and deleted a couple dozen already and carrying on working through the dirt bags. I have also asked if we can get approvals on new users so we can slow the automated bots creating new IDs to spam. More to come.
                            308 Ferrari replica
                            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
                              I have gone in and deleted a couple dozen already and carrying on working through the dirt bags. I have also asked if we can get approvals on new users so we can slow the automated bots creating new IDs to spam. More to come.
                              Way to go, Don. Thanx man...

Bob

Holy moses..I've been a member here for 18 yrs? Boy time flies. Now I really feel old.
                              Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
                              http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X