Deterioration of our website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88.5countach View Post

Great good too hear. Any chance of updating the andriod app. I stopped using it as it froze at the most annoying times?
    I'll need to investigate that, the code for the android app came right from Vbulletin (They called it their "mobile suite"), I'll have to see what the current state of their app is and what it takes to update the version for the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by jb1 View Post
      Seem more active moderator would be plenty helpful.
      Agreed - although I will highlight though we've got a number of new machine-learning based spam fighting tools enabled now as well which should significant slow down / stop spammers. The old forum did not use modern spam fighting technology which is why it was such a target by link builders, etc...

Comment

Thank you to the site owner and Don for making this forum so much better. I am not new to replicas but new to this site. I did the front half of the build of a TremorMUV from Humvee surplus parts, a tube frame and a Suburban chassis. I've never completed a build but really want a Countach. I think they're going to be like the Cobra where replicas become more popular/accepted in the auto world.

Nuz

Comment

This website isn't bad at all, there are a few of us who are still around, asking questions about our rides.

Comment

All;

We had a couple requests that made sense to Ari and I so Ari implemented some new functionality to help with spam as well as brand new members posting one new topic and never coming back. The functionality has new members posting at least 2 replies to other topics as well as being members for at least two days before they can create a new topic.

Since we moved to the new site (as much as it is different and maybe not as nice as the old one) we have significantly reduced the spam that has been showing up but a few still get through and I go in and clean up. With this new functionality, we would like to get some feedback on whether the membership thinks this functionality/rule set would be a reasonable approach to random users and the spammers that still get through. Totally open to member feedback and depending on response, we will either keep or remove.

Thanks all for continuing to keep the forum alive and ticking with updates and conversation.
            Don
            308 Ferrari replica
            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Don: I noticed 2 issues recently. I added a reply on my Miura build thread a couple of days ago and it still shows as "Unapproved". This "Unapproved" state started showing up on my prior post but it went away by the next day after I made the post. In addition, the markup tags on my footer are now being displayed instead of being applied. I think these two issues started at about the same time. I don't know if either of these is related to the most recent spam reduction changes but thought I'd make them known.

Thanks,
              Joel
              Joel Heinke
              Be original; don't be afraid of being bold!

Comment

Originally posted by C5GTO View Post
                Don: I noticed 2 issues recently. I added a reply on my Miura build thread a couple of days ago and it still shows as "Unapproved". This "Unapproved" state started showing up on my prior post but it went away by the next day after I made the post. In addition, the markup tags on my footer are now being displayed instead of being applied. I think these two issues started at about the same time. I don't know if either of these is related to the most recent spam reduction changes but thought I'd make them known.

Thanks,
                Joel
                Thanks Joel - I we think this issue is now fixed - are you still have issues with "unapproved" posts or is everything now all good?

Comment

I've responded to two different threads today...both of my posts are marked as "unapproved"...I don't see my user control panel....don't know if I'm logged in or not, or if my posts show up for anybody but me, being as they are marked "unapproved".

Open to suggestions, advice, explanations...

I've been a member here for quite a while, though I don't post often.

TIA

Comment

Hey Ted;

I saw you were unapproved as well. Ari had thought he got it fixed yesterday for Joel but I saw new issues show up today.
                    I think maybe we will remove the posting rules we implemented for new users and see if that was the issue. Spam is much lower now and Ari and I are usually able to keep up with the the few that get through lately. If the functionality to set that up is impacting the regular users then we have a miss....

More to come all.
                    Don
                    308 Ferrari replica
                    Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Thanks Don....looks like that took care of it....at least from where I'm lookin'! Much appreciated.....I get enough "disapproval" at home!

Comment

Well.....maybe not....tried to edit above post, says I'm not authorized to edit it, and IT is now displaying as "unapproved".

Comment

Ari looked into the functionality and it looks like long timers have the rule triggered to promote after their first post after coming back in. We believe it might be a bug in the latest version of the site we are using now. New version out that may have the bug fixed.

We are looking at how to fix it and I am monitoring the moderation messages closely for now to get everyone's posts up soonest and hopefully we have a plan forward shortly.

Thanks all
                          Don
                          308 Ferrari replica
                          Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

Thanks Joel - I we think this issue is now fixed - are you still have issues with "unapproved" posts or is everything now all good?
                            There's still an issue. I just put up a new post and it shows as UNAPPROVED.
                            Joel Heinke
                            Be original; don't be afraid of being bold!

Comment

All;

We are still experiencing the posting issues and we are working to get it rectified or permanently removed. What we are seeing is when long term members are posting, the trigger that promotes them does not seem to be firing so it remains in unapproved. The wait period is 24 hours to have the post switched to approved so if we do not get in and approve for you in time, it will be posted after 24 hours.

Sincere apologies to everyone and we are on it.

Thanks
                              Don
                              308 Ferrari replica
                              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

All;

Just heard from Admin that we should no longer have the issues for active users not having approved posts. We believe this should fix all the problems. Please message me or post in this thread if there are still issues from today on.

Thanks for everyone's patience
                                Don
                                308 Ferrari replica
                                Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X