Question about Air Dynamics/John Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Air Dynamics/John Watson

I was just looking thru the December 94 Issue of Kitcar and there is a section called "Once and Future kits" In that article there is a little photo of a car I seen on the net many years ago of a car inspired by the Movie The Wraith with charlie sheen .

Its says it is offered by Air-Dynamics. Is the the same Air-Dynamics of today? I know later it was "offered" by another company that turned out to be a scam. I also know there are many others who were either in the process of building a car like it or had plans to .

PS: If anyone wants to school me on the real car there is no need. I know the History, the whereabouts of the original, how many where built, how many are left, and I know about the one being restored.
    [url]www.fiberclassics.org[/url]
    [url]www.miatakitcar.com[/url]

Re: Question about Air Dynamics/John Watson

From what I heard John designed and build the Wraith car. It was built for Chrysler who ended up screwing John out of any rights to the car. That's pretty basic, I'm sure there is more, but yes, Air Dynamics then is the same as John Watson's Air Dynamics now.
    [url]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/8454-my-official-ad355-build-thread-sactodreamer.html[/url]

Comment

john designed the original ppg interceptor? that I have never heard. if its true I would love to hear that story

Comment

Anyone have any additional info on this?

Comment

there was a thread on here with a lot of facts about the story.try searching the car name

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight Z
            there was a thread on here with a lot of facts about the story.try searching the car name
            I did that. I cant seem to find anything. Im just curious, because I thought I have done alot of research on the original M4s over the years. I did see the ad in kitcar about the wraith kit but I have never seen anything that John built the original concept car that is in the Chrysler Museum

Comment

That's interesting because I heard the original car was wrecked and destroyed. I am getting old so that could be incorrect.
              [url]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/8454-my-official-ad355-build-thread-sactodreamer.html[/url]

Comment

Nope. Its there. I contacted them at the begining of the year and they told me it would be on display in November. From what I have gathered there were 6 in the movie. 1 was the Original, used for closeups. Three where used for the crash scenes, 2 were for the race scenes. The 2 in the race scenes are said to still be around, one resides in Kansas and the other has sketchy wereabouts.

I verified alot of info when I was researching the car. Down to the modified huffaker chassis. I emailed Joe huffaker back and forth a few times and with the few photos I provided he did say the car appeared to be on one of there chassis.

The one is Kansas does appear to be the real deal. I emailed him and got a response once but other emails have not been responded to and his site has not been updated recently.

IM no expert by any means but that sure does look like the real thing.

Comment

The top picture has a Fiero cradle in the car was the wrath built on a Fiero?
                  www.kikkerbikes.com

Comment

Originally posted by FF355spider
                    The top picture has a Fiero cradle in the car was the wrath built on a Fiero?
                    Her is a pic of the underside. I am amazed that looking at that small portion of a craddle you are able to tell us all its a feiro. Does this view change anything?

For this car(used for race scenes) they used a Buick powerplant

Comment

Yep look behind the motor you can see were the Fiero tie rod ends bolt up they left the brackets on the cradle
                      www.kikkerbikes.com

Comment

well this car was only a "stunt" car so it is possible.

the original has a twin turbo dodge motor. I'm not sure what's up with the current owner but he has not responded to any recent emails . it will be nice to see if he copies the body

Yep look behind the motor you can see were the Fiero tie rod ends bolt up they left the brackets on the cradle

Comment

There are a few other give-aways. The cross member facing the rear bumper is something a lot of us can see in our sleep.
                          Attached Files
                          If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

now is if I can only find the info that someone said was posted about this car

Comment

http://www.wraithinnovations.com/turbointerceptor.html

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X