Auto parts interchange info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto parts interchange info needed

Is there a website that can help with used autoparts interchangability? I repair damaged cars for a living and always have questions on fitment. Right now, for example I need a right hand headlight for an 03 Honda civic 2 door coupe. Aftermarket suppliers, E-bay sellers all list different years as a direct replacement. Very confusing!
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Re: Auto parts interchange info needed

I am not aware of an independent source for interchange information like the old days. I use a collision software (just about all shops use either a collision or mechanical labor and part database) that does the interchange for us. All of these programs are lease programs and run anywhere from $400-$600/month. Now with that said there is a way to do it that is not quite as complete but absolutely free. Search your part on www.car-part.com and it will list the salvage yard's donor for the part in the left column. If you leave the geographic criteria wide, you will get a more numerous "hit."

Hope that helped some.

Bart

Comment

Thanks Bart, and yes that did help. ;D

Comment

If that is a US model Civic the interchange would be 2001-2003.
        https://home.comcast.net/~deputy_dog/image001.gif

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean00
          If that is a US model Civic the interchange would be 2001-2003.
          THANKS And I found out today it must be a 2 door coupe or a 3 door hatchback, not a 4 door sedan.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X